Today, perhaps, one of the most popular issues is the issue of organizing telecommuting, namely the security of employee and company data.
What challenges arise when organizing remote work?
- Organization of remote access to necessary resources
- Securing endpoints that access your corporate network
- Authentication of employees during the organization of access to the corporate network
- Employee time control
- Protecting Confidential Data
- Backup & Restore
One of the most common problems is the protection of confidential information. What could cause a data leak?
- Employee Mistakes: Lack of Information Security Skills, Device Loss, or Just Carelessness
- Intentional leaks
ESET has developed a special solution for protecting confidential data, as well as providing control over the actions of employees that affect their performance of their duties – DLP Safetica.
Now in those companies where DLP (Data Loss Prevention) is not installed, employees can exchange confidential documents through corporate mail, visit social networks, print non-work information on business printers, connect external media and copy information to them. This uncontrolled activity leads to chaos in the workplace, low staff efficiency and an increased risk of data leakage.
How does Safetica work?
This system is a comprehensive protection against internal intruders, which allows you to close the channels of information leakage and regulate the risks associated with the human factor.
Safetica consists of a server part, which includes a server with a management console, a database, an information security officer’s tool, and directly agents that perform the functions of monitoring data leakage and user actions.
What exactly can control Safetica?
It controls all file operations: transfer through cloud-based file-sharing systems and social networks, email, external media, various instant messengers, etc.
How useful is such a solution for each organization?
- Reduce financial risks (human errors, lost laptops, industrial espionage …)
- Protect sensitive data (email, external media, internet connection, download, print …)
- Analyzes user behavior
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements (GDPR, HIPAA, SOX, PCI-DSS, GLBA, ISO / IEC 27001 …)
One of the important benefits of Safetica is its ease and speed of deployment.
System installation is quite simple, in one distribution there are all necessary components. Both manual and automatic installation are possible.
System requirements for the server side (Service Management Safetica 8):
- Quad-core processor
- 4 GB RAM
- 100 GB of disk space
- (database + backups) Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and above, including Express
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
For the client:
- Dual core processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 2 GB of disk space
- Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit and newer Windows